ECO Science Foundation (ECOSF), Children’s Science Instructors (CACSI), Children and Youth Science Center of CAST (CYSCC), Chinese Society for the History of Science and Technology (CSHST) and Inter Academy Partnership – Science Education Programme (IAP-SEP) are jointly organising the 2017 International Forum on Science Education in Beijing, China on 2-5 July 2017. This forum will focus on the theme of 'The history of science education along the Belt and Road'.
The forum aims at engaging curriculum design experts and historians of Science & Technology to contribute towards the development of Curriculum based on the concept of “Fusion of Civilizations”. The core objective of development of this curriculum is to foster peace right at the beginning of young children by employing Inquiry Based Science Education (IBSE) approach among the countries that share a common heritage of the ancient Silk Road. This can be achieved by reflecting on the history of science and technology of ancient civilizations from the Islamic Golden Age in the Middle East westwards to Europe and eastwards through Central Asia to India and China. About 30 participants including speakers, researchers and educators are expected to attend the forum. The following list shows the speakers and their presenations held:
- Prof. Depei Liu 'Opening Remarks'
- Pr. C. de Hosson 'Discoveries in Islamic Countries'
- Dato Ir. (Dr) Lee Yee Cheong 'One Belt One Road: Children as Agents for Peace and Harmony Through Inquiry Based Science Education (IBSE)'
- Li Xiaoliang 'Exchange and Cooperation inScience Education along the Belt and Road'
- Mustafa El Tayeb 'History of Science, explained.'
- SUN Xiaochun 'The Connecting Force among Civilizations:Scientific Exchanges on the Silk Road'
- Zhang Yao, Ou Jiancheng, Cui Xidong 'The Glory of China -Where Tradition Meets Modernity'
- Zhaoning Ye 'Development on IBSE curriculum in China'
- Moneef R. Zhou'bi 'Science Education and the Fusion of Civilizations: Causal links from an Asian and a Middle Eastern Perspectice'
For more information, please see here.