This regional workshop on 'Sustainable Management of Food Security', 9-10 April 2015, will take place at the Turkish Academy of Sciences. It is jointly organised by the Association of Academies and Societies of Sciences in Asia (AASSA), the Turkish Academy of Sciences (TÜBA) and supported by IAP.
The themes of the workshop are:
- Global and local analyses of food security
- Enabling policies for local and global food security
- Sustainable intensification of food production systems
- Urbanization, food value chains and food security
- Technological breakthroughs to help feed 9 billion world people
- Impact of climatic changes and possible strategies to deal with the same
- Competing demands and tradeoffs for land and water resource
- The agriculture-nutrition-health nexus
- Reducing loss and waste
- Business-science cooperation to advance food security
Follow the link below for the first Announcement, including the Call for Papers.