The National Academy of Sciences (NAS) of Ukraine, an IAP member academy, will organise the International Symposium on "Interactions of Governments and National Scientific Communities with International Organizations for Development and Utilization of Scientific Knowledge” jointly with the International Association of Academies of Sciences (IAAS), the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the G. M. Dobrov Centre for Scientific and Technological Potential and Science History Studies of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) of Ukraine, the M. V. Ptukha Institute for Demography and Social Studies of the NAS of Ukraine, and the Public Enterprise “M. K. Yangel Design Bureau “Pivdenne”.
The symposium will take place on 19-21 October 2015 in Kiev, Ukraine, and will focus on the following themes:
- v Political, social, economic factors behind the rise and evolution of international organizations in science and technology
- v Methods for evaluation of interactions of national scientific communities with international organizations
- v Issues of internationalization of scientific research
- v The role of international and national scientific organizations in the expansion of science and technology cooperation
- v Regulatory aspects of interactions of national scientific communities with international organizations: barriers and ways for their elimination
- v Issues of information security in the context of integration of science systems
For more information and the application form see below.