The Belmont Forum and Future Earth are launching an innovative global event series focused on Sustainability Research and Innovation (SRI).
SRI brings together a global community of changemakers, driven by a common goal to accelerate transition to sustainability. We welcome practitioners, researchers, funders, innovators, thought leaders, policy-makers, and industry partners across the broad spectrum of communities working to solve local to global sustainability challenges.
SRI aims to:
- Foster productive and solutions-oriented dialogue between disciplines and sectors
- Build transdisciplinary science and innovation community, inclusive of all sectors and knowledge streams
- Share the latest research and knowledge and provide a dynamic venue for training, mentoring, valorization, and synthesis
- Foster green entrepreneurship and sustainable innovation
- Develop evidence-based plans and strategies together to advance sustainability pathways
- Provide an interactive space for sustainability funders to explore new partnership models
- Increase use of sustainability research through effective public communication, including youth messaging
- Legitimize sustainability as a career through the formation of a professional society
Submit your session proposal to the first SRI, which will be in Brisbane, Australia, on June 14-17, 2020.
The call for session proposals is open from Monday, September 30, 2019 until Tuesday, November 15, 2019.
Thematic pillars of SRI2020 include:
- Sustainable Solutions from the Global South: Flipping the script on sustainability, introducing perspectives and lessons from the Global South, finding partners from the Global North, and exploring the differences.
- Integrated Action for the SDGs: Identifying pathways to societal transformation, mapping actors, and evaluating synergies, trade-offs, and risks.
- Knowledge-to-Action: Advancing sustainability science through knowledge co-design.
- Sustainability for Whom?: Encouraging diversity and inclusion to advance sustainability throughout generations.
Other ways to engage
Prepare your individual proposal. Once accepted sessions are announced, there will be a subsequent call for abstracts in which you can propose contributions into accepted sessions and open sessions.
Become an SRI sponsor. Help us make this a sustainable and accessible congress for years to come. Congress sponsors play a critical role by supporting the costs for both hosting the congress, and participation of innovators and researchers from lower and middle income countries.
Attend SRI. Registration will open in January 2020.
Stay connected. Receive SRI updates by following us at @SRICongress on Twitter or Instagram. You can also subscribe to SRI2020 updates through the website and follow the conversation using #SRI2020
For more information, visit the SRI website: https://sri2020.org/