NASAC (the Network of African Science Academies) makes the following recommendations to the leaders of the G8 countries ....
- Increase national investment in science and technology;
- Establish research-intensive universities;
- Improve the ability of the African scientific community through the national academies of science;
- Develop a close consultation with the African Union to advance the goals in the "Science and Innovation for Africa" year 2007;
- Deal with challenges of infectious diseases through prevention and treatment;
- Provide financial, scientific and technical support for the African scientific community.
Other Authoring Institutions