The 2022 IAP General Assembly will take place online and at Biosphere 2, Arizona, USA, on 3 November.
This IAP General Assembly will follow the consultative process that begun with the IAP General Assembly in Songdo, Korea in April 2019, and that led to IAP’s member academies endorsing a new set of Statutes that will govern the organization.
Under the new Statutes, the governance structure has been streamlined to maximize the effectiveness, impact and inclusiveness of IAP. Among the more substantive changes made is a new Advisory Committee that will replace the separate Science Executive Committee, Health Executive Committee and Policy Board as strategic advisors to the IAP Board (the 6 co-chairs).
The number of in-person participants is restricted based on COVID-19 policies and due to the limited accommodation available at the venue
IAP Member academies are invited to refer to the following guidance in selecting in-person nominees:
- Nominees should have decision-making power within their academy (e.g., ideally hold the position of president, vice president, chair, or international secretary of the academy)
- Nominees should be active in their academy, regional network (for senior academies), and IAP (for senior academies), or in their young academy and young academy region (for young academies)
- Nominees should be ready to fully participate in all in-person meetings (which will begin as early as 6 am Arizona local time to accommodate the broadest online participation possible), able to represent their academy and region, and able to bring back a debrief of the meetings to their academy and region upon their return
- Nominees who are also part of an accepted General Conference session proposal may be prioritized
- The set of nominees from each network should take into consideration geographic diversity within the region, gender balance, and diversity of disciplinary backgrounds.
For each of the nominee and alternate, please provide:
• Name, surname & academic title
• Academy name & Country
• Email address
Please submit the following information to the IAP secretariat (email@example.com) by Thursday, 31 March 2022.