Each year the Institut de France’s Christophe and Rodolphe Mérieux Foundation awards a Scientific «Grand Prize» known as the “Christophe Mérieux Prize”, to support research into Infectious diseases in developing countries.
This Prize is exclusively destined to researchers from these countries and whose activity is permanently exercised in such countries.
The Christophe Mérieux Prize (500,000 Euros) will be allocated as follows:
‒ 100,000 Euros as personal reward to the Prize winner having the scientific responsibility of the team;
‒ 400,000 Euros earmarked for the development of the team’s research.
The deadline for receipt of dossiers is 11 September 2023.
Constitution of application dossiers:
- CV of the applicant heading up the team, with date of birth and personal address (1 page),
- Composition of the team (1 page),
- Description of previous research achievements in the field (2 pages),
- Title of research project,
- Current research project(s) (2 pages),
- List of ten most significant publications,
- Reasons justifying the application for the Prize (1/2 page),
- Plus two supporting letters from outside candidate’s Institutions (no more).
A candidacy that was not selected in the previous years can’t be resubmitted more than three times.
Researchers working in a Rodolphe Mérieux Laboratory can apply.
For further details about the call for nominations for the Christophe Merieux Prize 2024, and to know more about the winners of the previous editions, read here.