From Young Physician Leaders (YPL) to COP28, these were our 10 most-read articles of the year
Click on the titles below to read the full articles, and subscribe to the IAP quarterly e-bulletin and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube to stay up-to-date about the work of the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP).
- Global Science Leaders ISC and IAP Issue Joint Statement on Protecting the Autonomy of National Academies of Science.
IAP and the ISC are concerned about the autonomy of academies and their members, jeopardizing their capacity to provide valid, ethically sound advice on critical issues affecting humanity and the planet.
- ‘The Future of Research Evaluation: A Synthesis of Current Debates and Developments’
The Global Young Academy (GYA), the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) and the International Science Council (ISC) Centre for Science Futures have released a synthesis paper which sets out the major drivers, opportunities and challenges for research evaluation reform and collates illustrative examples of change happening at global, regional, national and institutional levels.
- Call for Applications of TÜBİTAK- TWAS Fellowships 2023
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Türkiye (TÜBİTAK) and TWAS have established a fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries in the South, for PhD and Postdoctoral research tenable in Türkiye.
- Towards a Scientific Advisory Body for the Biological Weapons Convention.
Via two online meetings, IAP and partners tested a proposed mechanism for the input of scientific advice into the Biological Weapons Convention.
- Climate Change Adaptation for Health: Systems-based approaches to formulating solutions and guiding policy
Building on their previous expertise, the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) and Save The Children recently initiated a project encompassing case studies worldwide of health adaptation solutions in response to the diverse climate change pathways of risk.
- The role of Academies in Climate Policy Advice: Enthusiastic participation at COP28
IAP coordinated two side-events during the COP28, which took place in December 2023 in Dubai.
- IAP 2022 Annual Report
The IAP Annual Report provides an overview of IAP activities in 2022, with specific sections on activities by our four affiliated regional networks.
- Meet the next generation of Young Physician Leaders: the 2023 cohort is here.
Meet 18 outstanding young physicians below the age of 40 from all over the world.
- IAP and Save the Children collaborate to tackle the impact of climate change on human health
IAP in collaboration with Save the Children is developing a book of case studies that illustrate systems solutions for climate change and health policies, to build governments’ awareness of multi-sectoral, systems-based studies and policies.
- IAP Webinar: Promoting Ethics and Integrity in Scientific Research and Practice
The InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) is pleased to announce the launch of a new series of webinars.