Recent Updates - August 2013
- The online AGENDA contains links to all presentations given at the Conference
- Follow the link to the RESOURCES page for Articles and Features related to the results of the Conference, and the recommendations for follow up action in the "Letter from Rio - 2013".
The IAP Conference on "Grand Challenges and Integrated Innovations: Science for Poverty Eradication and Sustainable Development" was hosted by the Brazilian Academy of Sciences in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The Conference took place on 25 - 26 February 2013, with the Opening Ceremony on the evening of Sunday 24 February 2013. The Conference was followed by the IAP General Assembly on Wednesday 27 February 2013.
The overarching goals of the Conference were to:
- Highlight the important contributions of science to poverty eradication and sustainable development
- Connect IAP academies and members with Grand Challenge opportunities
- Provide opportunity for IAP academies and members to shape future Grand Challenges
- Showcase innovators, particularly young innovators, tackling these Grand Challenges